Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ladder of Pride

Church was very challenging this morning.  We are continuing on with our One Month to Live Challenge and today we talked about Learning Humbly.

Pastor Jerry's illustration was that when we think we are better than someone else, we climb a rung on the ladder to get closer to God & His greatness.  We continually think that we are the greatest, when actually, God is the greatest.  During church, I realized that I am a very proud person.  I constantly find myself climbing rungs of the ladder thinking that I am better than someone else because "I don't talk about myself as much as she does" or "I am going to make a better nurse, because I care more" or "I am a better person because I don't participate in that" etc etc. 

This week, I want to be like a child.  I want to be helpless and completely dependent on God.  I don't want to climb any ladders this week and I don't want to think I am better than someone else.

I also want to love the "unlovables" in my life, COMPLETELY.  We all have those people in our lives that get under our skin and drive us crazy, this week, I want to love those people in my life.  I don't want to make snarky comments to them, I don't want to gossip about them, and I want to acknowledge their existence in my life and be thankful for what they have taught me. 

This will not be an easy task, but here's to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment