Thursday, February 10, 2011

Exciting Day for a First Blog Post

I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time, but today I decided that it was time to join the club.  I recently turned 22 (4 days ago), and I know that there are MANY new adventures coming my way in the next year and I thought that a blog would be a great way to share & document them.

To start the great adventures to accompany me in my 22nd year of life, I got to volunteer for the President of the United Sates today.  What an incredible opportunity.  I was contacted a couple days ago to ask if I was available to volunteer for the event, and of course, I said I was. I was finally informed Tuesday night that I had been chosen to be a volunteer for the event.  At this point I was excited, but it wasn't real yet.  This morning when I arrived at the Superior Dome, it was becoming more real and it was finally hitting me that today, I would be seeing the President.  I texted my daddy and told him how excited I was for this opportunity, he gave me some good words that I pondered all day.  He said, "Stay calm, he is just a man."  Those words were very powerful for me today and they helped to keep things in perspective.  As I continued to get excited throughout the day for the President Obama's arrival, I reminded myself that he is just a man, but also that he is a man that God created to do great things for our nation, which is incredible.  During his speech, President Obama mentioned South Dakota and the technology we is used in Wagner, SD at the hospital so that physicians in Sioux Falls can monitor their vitals and such.  It was a beautiful way for me to feel so connected to not only my school and Marquette, but to feel connected to my home.  What an incredible day of events that I feel so honored to have been a part of.  I did get some good pictures, but the memories are way better than any picture.



Speaking of pictures, I bought a DSLR camera.  It was very spur of the moment.  I saw a flier in the photo lab for a Nikon D40 in good condition.  I e-mailed the girl and offered her much less than she was expecting, but she said that she would accept my offer and I pick up my new camera and all of its accessories tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment