Monday, February 28, 2011

Airplane Rides

Spring Break is here and I am in Florida!  It amazes me that just being in warm, sunny weather improves my outlook on life so much.

I really enjoy traveling/flying.  When I am flying, I do not like sitting on the aisle, but for both of my Saturday flights, I was blessed with aisle seats.  On the flight from Escanaba to Minneapolis, I sat in 7C (there were 10 rows total on the plane) next to Michelle, a nice woman who is an occupational therapist in Ontonagon.  She was telling me about her incredible journeys as a traveling OT.  I shared with her my dream to one day be a traveling nurse, and she filled me in on some of the secrets of being a traveling professional.

1. You will work harder than the "regulars" because you are an outsider and they probably won't like you very much
2. Know the weather patterns of where you are traveling (stay out of the south/east during hurricane season, Oklahoma during tornado season, etc)
3. Traveling with a friend is the best thing you can do
4. Take full advantage of ALL days off to explore the state/country

Michelle was a good seat companion.

On the flight from Minneapolis to Ft. Lauderdale, we had a 3 seats per side plane, which is a nice change from the propeller planes in the UP.  My seat companion was not very chatty, but she seemed nice.  The middle seat in our row was empty (yay for extra room).  It was a long 3 hour and 20 minute flight, but when I arrived in Florida, I had a very warm welcome (literally).

Today, we went to the beach and it was so enjoyable to be able to just sit without having to think of projects, homework, and real life for a few hours.

I know that in 4 days, I will not be ready to leave his glorious weather, but I will be ready to get back to school and power through the next 7 weeks until graduation.

Real life starts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment