Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Overflowing

God has been so incredibly good to me lately and I have been filled with so many emotions.  He has provided me with my dream job for after graduation.  He has provided me with a house to live in back home that is close to the hospital, fully furnished, and an incredibly reasonable price.  He has provided me with a deep appreciation for this place, because for the past 3 years I have been so bitter about being here, but now I can see that this was His plan all along and I am here because I am supposed to be. 

Today is an incredibly gorgeous day in the UP in the middle of February (which rarely happens).  The sun is shining, the snow is melting and the air is so sweet with the scent of spring.  This weather plasters an ear to ear smile on my face and fills my heart with pure happiness.  I have been reminded so many times lately that God creates these little moments for me and I am learning to thank Him for the small things like gorgeous days and good coffee. 

Someone posted this video on Facebook and I decided to take a listen.  What a beautiful song and so encouraging when I need some encouragement.

I know that God is for me, and the He will not forsake me in my weaknesses (which are much more often then I like to admit).

When I work out, I listen to worship music.  This morning Barlow Girl's "Average Girl" popped up on my iPod and it really touched my heart because I have been struggling with waiting for my prince (and often wondering what's taking him so long to get here) for awhile and even more so now that "everyone" seems to be in a relationship, getting married, or having babies.  I just need to remember that God is writing my love story and when I get tired of waiting, I need to rest in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment